This is my very own little space in cyberspace. The space where I vent, the space where I rant and the space where I rave.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane

            Actually it was more like a dash on the memory highway.  Met up with some friends from college last Monday.  Some I haven’t seen for years.  One I haven’t seen since graduation.  But then we sat ourselves down at Delicious in Midvalley and started to yak and yak and yak and yak and yak and yak (ok, you’ve got the general idea now) and the years just melted away. 
            It was ages since I had talked and laughed that much.  Just the therapy I needed after all the stress of packing and uprooting myself (all while being 8 months pregnant) the week before.  It was rejuvenating and invigorating, and although the husband and the daughter (the Light of My Life, the Joy of My Existence, my Heart and Soul) were never far from my mind, I felt like a young, carefree and irresponsible and slim and cute and sexy college student again.  At least temporarily.
            The 2 ½ hours just flew, hence the dash instead of walk, and highway instead of lane.  There was much catching up and note-comparing to do.  I am happy to report that although it’s been over nine years since our graduation, look wise (with the exception of the aforementioned pregnancy of yours truly), we hadn’t changed much. 
We are sober, serious, mature adults, but in that 2 ½ hours, we were as chatty and giggly as teenagers.  I just wished the meeting was longer, but it couldn’t be helped.  Adulthood brings with it all kinds of responsibilities that we just couldn’t shirk.  And so, our short, but much looked-forward-to and memorable meeting came to an end. 
It was mighty fun to visit my past where I was younger and slimmer and cuter and sexier, but it was also mighty comforting to return to my present where I am a beloved wife and mother.         

4 comments:

  1. we wished so too. would've have been more fun. there'd be more laughter, definitely heheheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, another 7 or 8 years from now and I would probably be talking in a manner similar to this.. I am in the last months of my youth.. gotta cherish them hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Klay, u sound like you're going to celebrate your 70th birthday :P

    ReplyDelete