This is my very own little space in cyberspace. The space where I vent, the space where I rant and the space where I rave.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Entice And Enticed

            People get married for a myriad of reasons.  Love.  Lust.  Money.  Loneliness.  Desperation.   Pressure.  In the case of Daphne Iking and Ryan Chong, it beats comprehension why they even bothered to get married in the first place.  Perhaps it was to have a partay in Bali.
            As reported in the New Straits Times on 21st Dec, the couple tied the knot in Bali in January 2007.  In June of the same year, Chong embarked on an affair with a woman he met in a karaoke centre in Shanghai.  By November of that same year, Iking gave birth to a baby girl.  A paternity test later showed that Chong is not the father of the child.  The couple divorced in 2009.
            What is the real point of the court case that they are currently embroiled in?  Other than generating embarrassing publicity, it is also a waste of court time.  These two have shown complete mockery of the sanctity of the institution of marriage and of their vows.  Dua kali lima, lima kali dua.  For them the vow should probably have been “till the first temptation do us part”.
              Why am I even writing about them?  Clearly I have too much time on my hands.  I should haul my pregnant ass off the sofa and go entice my husband.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment