This is my very own little space in cyberspace. The space where I vent, the space where I rant and the space where I rave.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And A New Auntie Is Born!

           Today, the 29th of December 2010 marks the day I become an auntie for the first time.  Well, that’s not technically true, I’ve been someone’s “aunt” since I was about 4 when one of my much older cousin’s wife gave birth to a baby girl, effectively making me “auntie”. 
           
            What I meant by “for the first time” is that my sister gave birth today, making me Ee Ee (that’s what the baby will call me in Hokkien).  Sara Chuah Hui Qi (pronounced Hui Chee, NOT Hui Kee!!) made her debut today at 2.06 pm via C-section at SDMC Subang Jaya 13 days earlier than expected.  That’s kinda her own fault actually.  She was supposed to turn head down in preparation for the birth, but she never did.  And that coupled with a few other reasons prompted the obstetrician to decide to opt for C-section to avoid possible complications due to her breech position.  She weighs 2.89 kg and measures 47.8 cm.
            
            Welcome to the world Sara!      



                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment