This is my very own little space in cyberspace. The space where I vent, the space where I rant and the space where I rave.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Of Bananas and Pineapples

            In the last few months, I’ve asked this question many times.  Why does giving birth have to hurt so damn much???  Oh, I can furnish you with the scientific explanation, but unless you’ve gone through it yourself, you can’t even begin to comprehend the level of pain women in labour go through.  Of course, different people have different threshold of pain.  What is excruciatingly painful for one person may be just mildly so for another.  But when it comes to giving birth, two words can usually sum it up: freakin painful.

            These are some comparisons women have made regarding childbirth pains.

1.    Babies – they go in like bananas but they come out like pineapples

2.    Giving birth is like having someone take your bottom lip and stretch it over your head.

3.    It felt like pooping an express train / bowling ball / durian

4.    I felt like I had an iron vise clamping my middle

5.    Period cramps multiplied by three gazillion

No comments:

Post a Comment