This is my very own little space in cyberspace. The space where I vent, the space where I rant and the space where I rave.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The World As Aryanna Sees It

            My my, how time flies.  One moment I’m bouncing in my sac and playing with my cord and minding my own business and the next I’m being squashed and pushed through the birth canal and now I’m 32 days old already.  The last time I wrote I said that I’ve revised my opinion of the world.  It’s not such a bad and scary place after all.  And it’s a lot bigger than I initially thought!  Way way bigger.  You see, I thought the world consisted of only the hospital and my cot, but boy!  Was I wrong!  Only a green few-day-old would think like that.  And I, am definitely NOT a green few-day-old.
            I still think it’s noisy and bright, and I always get this gnawing feeling in the pit of my tummy, and it’s decidedly not dignified to have my diapers taken off and my perky bum cleaned with wet cotton.  But when it’s too noisy and bright, Mummy will make it better by closing the door and drawing the curtain, then it’s nice and cosy.  And when I get that feeling in my tummy, I just open my mouth and bawl and Mummy will give me boobiejuice.  Yummy yum yum!!  Boobiejuice is the best thing in the world!  It settles my tummy in no time at all.  It almost makes up for not having my cord with me.  And as for the indignity, oh well, I’m a newborn so I guess I can live with it.  Plus, it’s definitely better than lying around in a smelly poopy diaper.
            After a feeding session, Mummy always holds me up against her chest and rubs my back so that I burp and feel better.  And when Mummy does that, I can hear her heartbeat.  It’s very faint, but it’s there.  It does bring back fond memories of being inside Mummy.  The steady rhythm of her heartbeat was my constant companion in utero, together with other murmurs and gurgles of Mummy’s insides.  Sigh…. those were the days…  Anyway, when I’m in that position, Mummy likes to plant soft little kisses on my head.  I am so loved! 
            The world is a great place to be in. 
              

No comments:

Post a Comment